Monday, November 2, 2009

My Cheesy Pasta Bake

My Cheesy Pasta Bake

1 lb. box of pasta (any shape you like)
1 -29 oz can of tomato sauce or two 15 oz cans with added Italian seasonings (oregano, basil, and thyme)
1 -15 oz can of diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
1-6 oz can of tomato paste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion
1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese for the top

Cook the pasta until it is almost tender, ready to eat. Saute onion and garlic with a little bit of butter, canola oil or cooking spray in frying pan. Mix in tomato sauce with Italian seasonings, diced tomatoes and tomato paste into frying pan with onions and garlic. Bring the tomato sauce mixture to a boiling, then turn heat down to let sauce simmer for a few minutes. Place half of the pasta noodles in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Spread all the cottage cheese over the pasta. Pour half the tomato sauce mixture over the cottage cheese. Place all the mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Place the rest of the pasta over the mozzarella cheese. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce mixture over the pasta and then sprinkle desired amount of Parmesan cheese on top. Place baking pan in oven set at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until it is heated through and cheese is melted on top.
I was very impressed with how it turned out. I had made it up on my own after referring to another pasta bake on www.allrecipes.com. My husband, daughter and I loved it. I think it will become a new pasta favorite. I am trying to come up with more pasta dishes we can have for our dinners. It is easy and does not cost to much to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment